Editing and Mixing Vocals in Logic Pro X – On Sale
“Editing and Mixing Vocals in Logic Pro X” is a series of video tutorials published by Ripple Training that will teach you how to mix vocals in Logic Pro X, apply equalization and effects and create background vocals – with the ultimate goal to turn a decent home recording into a professionally mixed, industry compliant and radio ready performance. The tutorials are currently on sale for $49.
Editing and Mixing Vocals in Logic Pro X
In three hours, you will learn how to:
– Work with vocal comps (switching between comps, duplicating, unpacking).
– Set up your vocal project (checking audio levels, differences between the Track Editor vs the File Editor, syncing playheads, adding a metering plugin).
– Adjust the gain of your vocals (adjusting the Decibel indicator, performing a Change Gain function, normalizing audio).
– Create background vocals (selecting your best takes, arranging tracks for comparison, nudgin regions).
– Apply basic vocal mixing techniques (adjusting the panning of the background vocals, EQing lead vocals, understanding frequency ranges).
Check out part 4 and 5 of the series, they’re free to watch.
In these videos you’ll learn about splitting your lead vocal track, how to create arrangement markers, how to separate your vocals to build a verse, bridge and chorus, and much more.
About the Author
“Editing and Mixing Vocals in Logic Pro X” is an 18-part series produced by Mary Plummer, a professional composer with over 25 years of experience in video and film production. Her clients include Apple, CNN, BBC, CBS, NBC, and other major media companies.
The video course has a retail price of $69.00, but is on sale now for $49.00.
The download includes project media files, so you can follow along in Logic Pro X.
For more info, a complete tutorial outline and tutorial previews, head over to Ripple Training.
A basic understanding of how Logic Pro X works is required.