A New Approach to Dynamics Processing: Peak Rider
Impact Soundworks have released their debut effects plugin called Peak Rider. This AU/VST plugin can take a sidechain input and use it to create a new volume envelope for a main input.
For example, using a dynamic drum track as the sidechain for a flat bass line, Peak Rider will copy the dynamic pattern of the drums on to the bass, bringing it to life. As both boosting and attenuation are used depending on the sidechain, the plugin can also restore dynamics to an overly-compressed track, match vocal harmonies to a lead, create rhythmic patterns, and a multitude of other purposes.
- Both wideband and multiband
- Zero-latency analysis with linear phase option
- Four processing modes available
- Three analysis & detection modes
- Fine control over envelope shaping
- Left/right and mid/side stereo processing
Peak Rider is available for the limited-time introductory price of $79. No dongle required. A trial version is available.