Make Custom Hand Claps with AudioThing Hand Clapper
AudioThing, based in Dublin, have released Hand Clapper, a cool little tool that enables you to make custom hand claps based on the legendary Roland TR-808, TR-909, Boss HC-2, or your own WAV samples.
About Hand Clapper
Hand Clapper can make custom hand claps from 4 sources: the TR-808, TR-909, The Boss HC-2 Hand Clapper from the 80’s, or your own WAV file that’s shorter than 4 seconds. The instrument offers 20 factory presets, a tone bandpass/peak filter, a vintage reverb, and a randomizer feature. Processed hand claps can be exported as single WAV samples to use in other software.
Hand Clapper features plenty of parameters to tweak. Some highlights:
- Frequency: controls the frequency of the filters
- Gain: controls the peak filter volume
- Amount: controls how many times the source will be triggered to generate initial repetitions
- Rate: controls the delay between each initial repetition
- Decay: controls the decay time
- Randomness: controls the amount of random changes applied to the filters and the volume
The hand claps sound authentic, watch the demo:
- OSX 10.6.8 or later
- Core Duo 2GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- AU, VST2, and AAX 32/64-bit
As part of Audiothing’s Christmas Sale, Hand Clapper currently costs 20 Euros. In demo mode the plugin will output silence for 3 seconds every 30 seconds. To register the plugin, you will need a valid license file.
More info, demo download, manual: AudioThing Hand Clapper