Plugin Alliance Release Brainworx bx_console
Plugin Alliance have released Brainworx bx_console, a new plugin modeled after the rare Neve VXS console.
The Brainworx bx_console plugin is a faithful emulation of the rare and coveted Neve VXS console. The specific Neve VXS console emulated has an amazing history involving some truly remarkable projects — recording orchestras for films during its time at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County California, making hit records during its time in Sweden in an ex-Abba member owned studio, and now, serving as the centerpiece of the Brainworx studio, where it has been used in the development of many of the company’s most popular plugins. The Neve VXS was something of a bridge between vintage Neve consoles, like the 80 and VR series, and the modern 88RS. Loaded with features like a comprehensive EQ and dynamics section, it still delivers that classic Neve punch and vibe.
The bx_console plugin is based on Brainworx’s new Tolerance Modeling Technology, to capture the audible differences between discrete channels of a high-end mixing console. This results in what Brainworx calls “new realism for in-the-box mixing”.
bx_console Feature Highlights
- Emulates the legendary Neve signal path
- Emulates channel to channel variation between 72 channels
- Adds several “mods” to the original design in the EQ and Dynamics sections
- Iconic console tone without the noise and instability, unless desired
- Four-band EQ plus high pass and low pass filters
- Comprehensive dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate)
- Plenty of useful presets
- EUCON parameter mapping for Avid controllers, including the S6 control surface
Russ at Pro Tools Expert already took it for a spin:
bx_console costs $299.
AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3. El Capitan currently not supported.
More info, 14-day demo download (no dongle), audio examples: bx_console