Audio Mastering Tips – Free PDF by iZotope (2015 Edition)
iZotope have recently published their free mastering guide, a PDF (or eBook) that’s chock full of audio mastering tips from industry veterans.
Audio Mastering Tips: Mastering with Ozone
If you don’t know anything about mastering audio or using mastering software, the PDF is a good place to start. Whether you’re an owner of iZotope’s Ozone mastering software or not, the free PDF provides valuable tools, tips, and techniques to help you make better sounding masters and understand basic principles such as (dynamic) EQ, dynamics processing, limiting, and stereo imaging.
The 68-page document contains pro audio mastering tips from:
- Greg Calbi – Senior Mastering Engineer at Sterling Sound in New York, NY
- Adam Ayan – Mastering Engineer at Gateway Mastering in Portland, ME
- Bob Ohlsson – Owner of Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery in Nashville, TN
- Marc-Dieter Einstmann – Founder of Einstmann Mastering in Hamburg, Germany
- Scott Hull – Owner & Mastering Engineer at Masterdisk Studios in NYC
The 2015 Edition of this guide has been revised by iZotope’s Education Director and Berklee College of Music faculty member Jonathan Wyner. Jonathan is the Chief Mastering Engineer and founder of M Works Mastering Studios in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Over the past 25 years, he has mastered more than 5000 CD’s , and mastering credits include Aerosmith, David Bowie, Cream, Aimee Mann, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Nirvana, and many more.
Mastering with Ozone is available as a PDF and eBook.