Free Kontakt Instrument – Stroh Violin
The Stroh Violin is a free Kontakt instrument made by ImpactSoundWorks. The violin, invented by electrical engineer John Matthias Augustus Stroh, was thoroughly sampled with three custom-mapped articulations and a rhythmic sequencer.
Articulations can be mapped and layered using velocity ranges, or soloed via keyswitch – all user assignable. The interface features some extra controls, allowing for a saturation, dirt, and ‘vinylization’ sound.
- Authentic multisampled stroh violin
- 3x dynamic layers / up to 5x round robins
- Sustain, spiccato & pizzicato articulations
- Customizable mapping
- 3-layer rhythmic sequencer / gate
- Quick controls for grit, dirt and vinyl
- Free for Kontakt (full version) 5.4 and higher
Downloading the free Kontakt instrument requires you to add it to shopping cart, then check out. You’ll be sent a download link and license key instantly. Download size is 115Mb. Documentation is included.