How to Upgrade to Yosemite – Apple Upgrade Page
Apple has published a handy page about what hardware supports the new Mac OS. It’s a good place to start before you take the jump.
These Mac models are compatible with OS X Yosemite:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
The page also has a nice overview of what Mac models support new OS features like Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Airdrop and Peer-to-Peer AirPlay.
(via The Loop)
Tags: OS X