2 Free Bit Crushing Plugins (32/64-Bit) Up For Grabs
I’ve been searching for some free bit crushing audio unit plugins, that take bit crushing a little further than Logic Pro X’s stock Bitcrusher plugin does, especially regarding filtering and modulation.
All free bitcrusher plugins in this article are both 32 and 64-bit. Today, I have tested them succesfully in Logic Pro X (64-bit).
Inear Display SicknDstry
SicknDstry Features :
- Pre Filter with Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass modes
- Multiple ways to mix bit reduction and samplerate reduction
- Dry/Wet control
- LFO assignable to the filter cutoff, filter resonance, bit reduction, samplerate reduction, and dry/wet parameters
- 20 Presets
SicknDstroy requires OS X 10.6 or higher, Mac VST/AU, 32/64-Bit.
Toneboosters TB Timemachine
Toneboosters TB Timemachine allows you to simulate the effect of A/D and D/A aliasing, re-sampling, and bit reduction (both linear and mu-Law quantization).
TB Timemachine Features:
- Zero-latency processing
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz
- Re-sample rate adjustable between 1000 and 44100 Hz
- Bit depth adjustable between 0 and 16 bits on a continuous scale
- Linear or mu-Law quantization, with or without dithering
TB Timemachine requires OS X 10.5 or higher, Mac VST/AU, 32/64-Bit.
Download Toneboosters TB Timemachine (it’s included in an evaluation bundle that contains more plugins).
Tags: Bit Crushing