Free Saturation Plugin: Klanghelm IVGI
This free saturation plugin was developed by Tony Frenzel from Klanghelm Audio Plugins, a Berlin based software company specialized in creating audio plugins and standalone audio applications. Currently, Klanghelm is a one man show. Tony Frenzel has rich roots in both music and coding, but sucked at soldering. That realization propelled him into being fascinated by DSP (Digital Signal Processing).
Klanghelm IVGI Features
- Reacts dynamically to the input signal.
- Modelled fluctuations react dynamically and also change depending on the drive setting.
- Controlled Randomness determines the internal drift and variance inside the unit.
- The ASYM MIX knob lets you alter the symmetry of the signal without affecting the harmonic content.
- RESPONSE control lets you alter the frequency dependency of the saturation
- IVGI is internally calibrated to 0VU = -18dBFS.
Mac/Win. AU/VST/VST3/RTAS. 64Bit.
Klanghelm has another free audio plugin to download: the DC1A effortless character comp. Both the IVGI and DC1A plugins have bigger brothers that are for sale at very reasonable prices on the Klanghelm website. Payment is through PayPal, copy protection is non-existent. Love this stuff.
(via Pro Tools Expert)