Another 38 Free Audio Unit Plugins Worth Checking Out
The list of free plugins for Logic Pro goes on. Here’s another 38 free Audio Unit plugins for your favorite DAW. Some are 32-bit, some 64-bit. Some are teasers, and some are made by dedicated freebie plugin developers with good ideas. Fire ‘m up!
SPL offers a free plugin:
- Free Ranger – an EQ. 32 and 64 bit.
PSP offers a free plugin:
- PSP PianoVerb – reproduces special kind of reverberation originally provided by piano strings. It generates verb using twelve string operators with adjustable damping and decay time. Each operator is tuned to a particular note. Requires registration.
Audio Damage offers a set of free plugins:
- Rough Rider – a vintage style compressor.
- Pulse Modulator – a model of an tremolo pedal from the 70s.
- Fuzzplus 2.2 – a distortion pedal model, cloned from a rare vintage fuzz pedal.
Lots of free stuff, some plugins offer sliders only, some a GUI:
- Bouncy – a ‘bouncing ball’ delay.
- Crazy Ivan – use at your own risk…
- Cyanide 2.0 – a shaper.
- H2O – a simple compressor with saturation.
- Madshifta – for lo-fi pitch-shifting and feedback effects.
- SupaPhaser – 3 to 23 stages phaser with feedback. Phaser operation is controled by a mixture of LFO and envelope follower, both configurable, enhanced stereo effect, pre-phaser distortion or saturation.
- SupaTrigga – real time recycle stuff. Things can get real crazy with this one. Very nice in combination with other plugins.
Betabugs Audio (link to full site, look for OS X installers) offers a set of funky plugins:
- GetaBlitchJR – a sequenced gate effect.
- CrayonFilter – Crayon Filter is a multi-band filter plug-in.
- MonstaChorus – is a true analog style stereo chorus effect.
Apulsoft links to most of the Smartelectronix and Betabugs Audio plugins. But there’s more:
- Chip32 – produces old school electronical sounds and features a graphical wavetable editor.
- Slim Slow Slider – a multiband compressor.
- Cheeze Machine – this plugin emulates the classic string ensemble sound, made popular by such classic synths as the Crumar Performer or the Arp Solina.
- FreeG” – a masterfader with extended, customizable metering, and multiple control features and settings. Requires registration. 32 and 64 bit.
- Frohmage – a highly resonant low-pass filter. Up to 15 additional bands, linearly distributed. Delay on each band for unique phasing-like effects. Distortion stage, with two routing schemes. Very fine MIDI control (PRN and NPRN sent or recorded by Frohmage are 14-bit accurate). Low CPU load. 32 and 64-bit.
IK Multimedia offers two free teasers:
- Amplitube Free – a free version of AmpliTube 3 with 24 models including 9 stomps, 4 amps, 5 cabs, 3 mics, 2 rack effects + tuner. Registration required. 32 and 64 bit.
- Sampletank Free – a full-featured version of SampleTank 2.5, with a 500 MB samples library. Registration required.
Togu Audio Line
TAL offers quite an impressive list of free plugins (all 32-bit, the first five plugins are 64-bit too):
- TAL Noisemaker – a virtual analog synth.
- TAL-Vocoder – a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands.
- TAL Reverb 2 – a reverb.
- TAL Reverb 3 – a plate.
- TAL Filter – a host-synced and a midi controlled filter plugin.
- TAL Elek7ro – a virtual analog synth.
- TAL BassLine – a virtual analog bass synthesizer.
- U-NO-60 – a polyphonic virtual analogue synth based on the Roland JUNO 60.
- TAL Chorus-LX – a standalone chorus plugin.
- TAL-Dub, TAL-Dub-II and TAL-Dub-III – vintage style delay effects.
- TAL Effects – a Bitcrusher, a Flanger, a very simple EQ, and a Saturation plugin.